Inspired by the hit television series, Cilla – The Musical takes audiences on a journey to see one of Britain’s most beloved entertainers rise to fame.
The production is directed by Bob Tomson and Bill Kenwright with Robert Willis as executive producer.
The heart-warming musical adaptation of the ITV television series by Jeff Pop, BAFTA Award winner, tells the story of a teenage girl – Priscilla White – from Liverpool with big dreams. The girl’s dream of fame leads her to become one of the most beloved entertainers in Britain.
Priscilla White’s life is changed forever when she is introduced by John Lennon to Brian Epstein, music mogul. By the time she reached age 25, Priscilla would be known as TV star and artist Cilla Black. The artist would go on to become a number-one selling artist and at the front of the British pop music scene.
The show’s musical score is the ultimate 60’s soundtrack, and includes some of Cilla’s greatest hits, such as “Alfie,” “Anyone Who Had a Heart,” “Twist and Shout,” “Something Tells Me,” and “California Dreamin.”
The Cilla – The Musical is heading on tour throughout the UK, with stops at the Blackpool Opera House, New Wimbledon Theatre, Cardiff New Theatre, Stoke Regent Theatre, Bradford Alhambra Theatre and Manchester Palace Theatre. The tour will continue through April 2018.
Cilla – The Musical’s cast includes:
- Kara Lily Hayworth as Cilla
- Carl Au as Bobby
- Andrew Lancel as Brian Epstein
- Pauline Fleming as Big Cilla
- Neil MacDonald as John White
- Tom Dunlea as Johnny Hutchinson
- Billie Hardy as Pat
- Amy Bridges as Rose Willis
- Bill Caple as Ringo Starr
- Gemma Brodrick-Bower as Pauline
- Tom Christian as Kenny Willis
- Michael Hawkins as John Lennon
- Alan Howell as Gerry Marsden
- Joshua Gannon as Paul McCartney
- Jay Osborne as Adrian Barber
- Alex Harford as George Harrison
- Will Kinnon as Daniel
- Jenny Murphy as Beryl
- Tom Sowinski as George Martin
- Christopher Weeks as John Gustafson
Star Kara Lily Hayworth received her training at The Central School of Speech and Drama. She developed a passion for performing early in life. She started dance classes at the age of five and it helped launch what would become her career.
Michael Hawkins takes on the role of music legend John Lennon. Hawkins is also known for his role in Tina and Bobby.
Cilla – The Musical captivates audiences and includes a night of music and story of one of Britain’s most loved singers of all time.