Sunset Boulevard, the musical, is heading on tour in the UK. The Tony-award winning play from Andrew Lloyd Webber features an all-star cast and mesmerizing musical scores.
Based on Billy Wilder’s film, Sunset Boulevard is a tale of romance and obsession. Norma Desmond, a faded silent-screen actress, locks herself away in her mansion on Sunset Boulevard and lives in her own fantasy world. Joe Gillis, an impoverished screen writer, is propelled into her reclusive world. Joe is persuaded to work on a script that Norma says will put her back on the big screen.
Joe finds himself trapped and enthralled in Norma’s world – until his love for another woman draws him away.
Audiences will hear the play’s most famous and loved scores, including “With One Look,” “Sunset Boulevard,” “The Perfect Year,” and “The Greatest Star of All.”
Sunset Boulevard will tour the UK through April 2018, with stops in Southampton, Southend, Woking, Cardiff, Liverpool, Wimbledon, Sheffield, Ipswitch, Plymouth and more.
The show’s stunning cast includes:
- Ria Jones as Norma Desmond. Audiences have given Ria’s performance a standing ovation. This talented actress has made theatre appearances in Jerrys Girls, 42nd Street, West End Women, Anything Goes, Evita, Nine and more. Her television appearances include Torchwood, Life & Debt, The Angina Monologues, Showstoppers and One Night Only With Ria Jones.
Danny Mac as Joe Gillis. Known for his time on BBC1’s Strictly Come Dancing in 2016, Danny has appeared in the On The Town musical. He was also nominated for “Best Newcomer” at the National Television Awards.
- Adam Pearce as Max Von Meyerling. Trained at the Guildford School of Acting, Adam has taken on several understudy roles in theatre, including Les Miserables, The Light Princess and Sweeney Todd. He also appeared in The Current War and Les Miserables, the film.
- Molly Lynch as Betty Schaefer. Molly trained at the Cork School of Music and The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. Her theatre credits include a standby role in Carousel, Chava in Fiddler on the Roof, and Johanna in Sweeney Todd.
- Dougie Carter as Artie Green. Dougie’s theatre credits include Alice (The Mad Hatter), Cider with Rosie, Les Miserables, Love Beyond, Pierced and Our House.
- Carl Sanderson as Cecil B. DeMille. Carl’s theatre credits include 42nd Street, Crazy for You, The Parson’s Pirates, My Fair Lady, The Mikado, Ragtime, A Midsummer Night’s Dream and more.
- Bernadette Bangura as Jean. Bernadette trained at the Guildford School of Acting. Her theatre credits include Ragtime, The Frogs and The Colour Purple.
- Benjamin Chambers as Jonesy. Benjamin trained at the Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University. His theatre credits include Anna Nicole, Our Tum, Con2theCaberet, Punks and Raging Queens, and Summer of the Aliens.